Discover the hidden treasures of Kerala’s wildlife through our meticulously planned tour packages
Kerala: Kerala, often known as “God’s Own Country,” is a place with a variety of landscapes, a fascinating culture, and untouched natural beauty. Kerala, a state in southwest India, is well known for its verdant landscape, serene backwaters, and abundance of wildlife. Kerala’s national parks and wildlife sanctuaries provide a singular opportunity to see the area’s immense biodiversity. Embark on an unforgettable adventure as you discover the hidden treasures of Kerala’s wildlife through our meticulously planned tour packages.
The Biodiversity of Kerala: A Natural TreasureKerala is a biodiversity hotspot with a vast array of habitats supporting an amazing variety of flora and wildlife. The state is home to an amazing variety of wildlife, from the thick evergreen forests of the Western Ghats to the calm wetlands and the lush coastal areas. This features captivating animals such as the Bengal tiger, Indian elephant, and a large number of bird species. Innumerable species find Kerala to be the perfect habitat due to its distinctive geographical characteristics and tropical environment.
Why is Kerala called God’s own country?
Kerala is frequently referred to as “God’s own country.” This word refers to the mythological idea that Lord Parshuram, a manifestation of Lord Vishnu, flung his axe into the great sea to cut off land where his followers may live in peace. And that is how the state of Kerala was created by the gods themselves. Kerala wildlife tour packages offer a glimpse into why Kerala is called ‘God’s own country’ as you immerse yourself in its breathtaking natural beauty and rich biodiversity.
Rich Culture of Kerala
Kathakali Dance: The Keralan culture incorporates an essential component, the classical dance-drama form known as kathakali. It is a must-see performance because to the detailed makeup, vibrant costumes, and emotional storytelling.
Ayurveda: Kerala is the birthplace of this all-encompassing medical system. At one of the many spas and wellness facilities, engage in restoring and calming Ayurvedic treatments.
Kerala’s food is a delicious fusion of flavors. Try some of the regional cuisine, including appam with stew, Kerala fish curry, and a variety of coconut-based meals. The food is a delight for the palate.
Temples and Palaces: The state is full with beautifully designed old temples and palaces. Two outstanding examples of the area’s extensive history are the Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram and the Mattancherry Palace in Kochi.
Boat Races: The Nehru Trophy Boat Race at Alleppey is one of the most spectacular boat races in Kerala. These competitions display the state’s zeal and spirit of competition.
A Glimpse into the Wild: Kerala’s Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks
Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and National Park:
- One of the most recognized wildlife sanctuaries in India is Periyar, which is situated in the upper mountains of the Western Ghats.
- With groups of elephants, sambar deer, tigers, and more than 260 different species of birds, it provides a sanctuary for a variety of animals.
- A Periyar Lake boat tour provides a fantastic opportunity to see wildlife.
Wildlife Sanctuary in Wayanad:
- Wayanad, which is hidden away in the Western Ghats, is famous for its remarkable biodiversity.
- It is home to rare and threatened animals including the Nilgiri tahr and the Indian sloth bear.
- Jeep safaris are available for tourists to use while they tour this beautiful refuge.
National Park of Eravikulam:
- This park is well-known for housing the seriously threatened Nilgiri Tahr, a type of mountain goat.
- The grasses and rolling hills of the park create a beautiful landscape.
- Here, trekking is a well-liked pastime to get an up-close look of the Western Ghats’ grandeur.
National Silent Valley Park:
- This park, called the “Evergreen Forest Paradise,” is home to rare and endemic species of both plants and animals.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a hotspot for biodiversity.
- Trekking and birdwatching are two of the most popular outdoor pursuits.
A bird sanctuary in Thattekad:
- Thattekad is home to approximately 300 different species of birds, making it an ideal destination for birdwatchers.
- Here, it is possible to see threatened species like the Malabar Grey Hornbill and Indian Pitta.
- For serious birdwatchers, there are guided tours offered.
Packages for Wildlife Tours in Kerala: Discovering Nature’s Haven
Wildlife Adventure in Periyar
- Duration 3days
- Highlights: Spice Plantations, Bamboo Rafting, and Periyar National Park
- The journey takes you deep inside the verdant woods of Periyar. You might see tigers, elephants, and all kinds of birds. Visit spice plantations to learn about Kerala’s rich spice past and take part in an exciting bamboo rafting adventure on the Periyar Lake.
Wayanad Wildlife Expedition
- Duration 4days
- Highlights: Chembra Peak, Edakkal Caves, and the Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Explore the harsh landscape of Wayanad, which is home to a variety of plants and fauna. View the Nilgiri tahr and tour the historic Edakkal Caves. Trek to Chembra Peak for stunning Western Ghats views.
Escape from Eravikulam
- Duration 2days
- Highlights: Tea Gardens, Munnar, and Eravikulam National Park
- Take a deep breath and enter the enchanted lands of the Nilgiri Tahr. Trek through the high-altitude meadows of Eravikulam and visit the lovely tea gardens of Munnar.
Silent Valley Journey
- Duration 5days
- Highlights: Bhavani River Rafting, Silent Valley National Park, and Marayur Sandalwood Forest
- Take a trip through Silent Valley’s untouched environment. Explore the historic Marayur Sandalwood Forest and feel the rush of rafting on the Bhavani River.
Birdwatching Tour in Thattekad
- Duration 2 days
- Highlights: Thattekad Bird Sanctuary is located at Kothamangalam, Bhoothathankettu.
- At Thattekad, birdwatchers are in for a treat. Observe rare and endemic birds with the aid of knowledgeable guides. For cultural insights, go to Bhoothathankettu and Kothamangalam.
Practical Advice for Wildlife Tours in Kerala
Best Time to Visit: From October to March, the winter season in Kerala is the best time for wildlife tours. During this time, the weather is good and wildlife sightings are more regular.
Accommodations: Kerala provides a variety of accommodation choices, including eco-friendly hotels close to animal sanctuaries and luxurious hotels. Many tour packages include accommodation.
Transportation: Kerala boasts an efficient road system and airports in significant cities like Thiruvananthapuram and Kochi. Usually, tour packages include transportation.
Safety: Even though Kerala’s wildlife is fascinating, it’s important to abide by safety precautions while on the tours. Keep a safe distance from wild creatures and pay attention to your guides at all times.
Guided Tours: To get the most out of your encounter with wildlife, choose a guided tour. Guides with expertise can assist you.
Exploring Nature’s Wonders: Kerala Wildlife Tour Packages
Kerala, frequently hailed as “God’s Own Nation,” isn’t just about quiet backwaters and lavish green scenes. There is also a wealth of wildlife waiting to be discovered. Our Kerala Wildlife Tour Packages offer you an amazing chance to jump into the core of nature’s marvels.
Leave on exciting safaris in the wildlife safe-havens and public parks of Kerala, where you’ll experience glorious animals like elephants, tigers, and different colorful bird species. Our skillfully organized tour packages guarantee you have a protected and vivid experience while partaking in the different greenery extraordinary to this locale.
With an emphasis on manageability and dependable tourism, our Kerala Wildlife Tour Packages guarantee an extraordinary excursion into the wild, all while saving the normal magnificence and territories of these mind blowing animals. Try not to botch this opportunity to investigate the untamed side of Kerala.
Lock your trip provides a kerala wildlife tour packages at affordable and budget-friendly cost. Kerala also provides a special chance to fully experience the natural beauty of this enchanting state. These trips offer the ideal balance of action and peace, whether you’re a nature lover, a wildlife photographer, or just someone who appreciates the beauty of the great outdoors. Kerala is a destination for people looking for an amazing experience with the wild due to its different ecosystems and abundance of wildlife. Select one of the suggested travel packages or create your own itinerary to explore Kerala’s natural wonders.