Munnar package from Chennai
Chennai, a vibrant city on India’s southeast coast, is known for its rich cultural heritage, historical significance, and proximity to some of the most magnificent natural settings in the nation. Munnar, a haven tucked away in the Western Ghats of Kerala, is one such gem that is only a short distance from Chennai. An excellent way to escape the noise of the city and take in the serene splendor of nature is to take one of the Munnar tour packages from Chennai.
With its gorgeous tea gardens, beautiful valleys, foggy hills, and unusual flora and fauna, Munnar—often referred to as the “Kashmir of South India”—is a popular tourist destination. You might discover the ideal mixture of peace and beauty at this place. Munnar offers something for everyone, whether you’re a lover of the outdoors, an adventure seeker, or a couple searching for a romantic break. Let’s learn more about what munnar package from chennai have in store for you.
Which time of year is ideal for a trip to Munnar?
The ideal seasons to visit Munnar are from September to November in the fall and from December to March when the weather is at its most delightful. In the autumn, one may see Neelakurinji in blossom, and one can comfortably go on outdoor adventures like hiking and rock climbing in the winter.
What can you buy in Munnar that is well-known?
List of popular items to purchase in Munnar
Munnar is known for its tea estates, so buying premium tea leaves or tea blends is essential. Other must-have items include spices, aromatic oils, handicrafts, homemade chocolate, fresh fruits and jams, and handwoven goods.
What is the main festival of Munnar?
Attukul Pongala, Onam, the Pongala Festival, the Thrissur Pooram Festival, and the Nehru Trophy Boat Race are the prominent festivals celebrated in Munnar. Kuttiyatam, Kathakali, and Kalaripayattu are examples of the excellent art of Munnar.
The Journey to Munnar from Chennai
It’s essential to know how to go to Munnar from Chennai before we look at the sights and things to do there. There are many methods to get to Munnar, which is a charming location about 520 kilometres from Chennai.
By Road: Driving is the most typical mode of transportation between Chennai and Munnar. Depending on traffic and road conditions, the trip takes about 10 to 12 hours. You have a choice between driving yourself and taking a private taxi or bus. The travel is a pleasure in and of itself thanks to the gorgeous routes and lovely surroundings.
By Train: You can also get to Munnar by road after departing from Chennai by taking a train to Aluva or Ernakulam. It can take longer, but it’s a comfortable and economical choice.
By Air: Cochin International Airport, which has good connections to Chennai, is the closest airport to Munnar. You can rent a taxi to take you to Munnar, which is about a four-hour drive from Cochin.
Let’s explore this enchanting hill station in more detail:
- The elevation of Munnar, which is located in Kerala’s Idukki district, ranges from roughly 1,450 meters (4,760 feet) to 2,695 meters (8,842 feet) above sea level.
- It is situated where Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundala, three mountain streams that together make up the Muthirapuzha River, converge.
Plantations of tea:
- Due to its extensive tea gardens, Munnar is frequently referred to as the “Tea Garden of South India.” An extraordinary and stunning scene is produced by these lush plantations, which date back to the British colonial era.
- The history and procedures of tea planting and processing are explained at the Tata Tea Museum in Munnar.
Flora and Fauna:
- A variety of local and unusual species of flora and wildlife may be found in Munnar’s Western Ghats area, which has a rich biodiversity. Mountain goats known as Nilgiri Tahrs live in the Eravikulam National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- The region is particularly well-known for the Neelakurinji flower, which blooms only once every 12 years and covers the hills in a blanket of blue.
- With its sloping hills, foggy surroundings, and peaceful valleys, Munnar offers breathtaking views. It’s the perfect place for nature lovers because of the pleasant weather and thick vegetation.
- Popular locations to enjoy panoramic views and absorb in the beauty of nature include Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, and Anamudi Peak.
Adventure and Trekking:
- Trekking and camping are among the adventurous sports that are popular in Munnar. The tallest peak in South India, Anamudi, is a well-liked trekking location.
- Many possibilities for trekking and wildlife discovery are provided by the area’s rough landscape and deep forests.
- There are various beautiful waterfalls in Munnar. Attukal Waterfalls, Lakkam Waterfalls, and Power House Waterfalls are a few of the famous ones. These wonders of nature are perfect for a relaxing trip.
Wellness clinics and Ayurvedic therapies are popular in Munnar. To rest and refresh their mind and body, visitors can engage in relaxing massages and other therapies.
In addition to the Eravikulam National Park, Munnar is home to the Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, which is home to a wide variety of wildlife species, including elephants, leopards, and other bird species.
Cultural and Culinary Delights:
It’s not just about the natural beauty in Munnar. It provides information on the local cuisine and culture as well. You may learn about the customs of the locals and sample traditional Keralan foods like appam, puttu, and seafood from the area.
Munnar provides a variety of accommodation choices, from luxurious hotels to affordable guesthouses and homestays, ensuring a comfortable stay for all kinds of visitors.
The Ultimate Getaway with Munnar Tour Packages from Chennai
Munnar, a serene hill station nestled in the Western Ghats of Kerala, is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers. Its lush tea gardens, misty mountains, and cool climate make it the perfect destination for a rejuvenating escape. If you’re in Chennai and seeking a memorable journey, Munnar tour packages from Chennai are the answer to your travel dreams. These packages offer an ideal blend of comfort, adventure, and exploration.
Unveiling Munnar’s Beauty
Munnar is known for its verdant tea plantations, and a visit to these tea gardens is a must. The sight of endless rolling hills covered in a carpet of tea leaves is truly a visual delight. The crisp mountain air, often tinged with the aroma of tea, adds to the experience.
The journey from Chennai to Munnar is a scenic drive that takes you through picturesque landscapes, including waterfalls, spice gardens, and dense forests. Munnar packages from Chennai include a comfortable and convenient transportation option that ensures a smooth transition from the bustling city to the tranquil hills.
For adventure enthusiasts, Munnar has an array of activities to offer. Firstly, you can embark on treks to explore the pristine wilderness. Secondly, you can go paragliding to experience the thrill of flying. Lastly, you can opt for a wildlife safari in the Eravikulam National Park to witness the Nilgiri Tahr in its natural habitat.
Customized Munnar Tour Package from Chennai
Whether you’re looking for a romantic getaway, a family vacation, or a solo adventure, there are Munnar tour packages from Chennai to suit every traveller’s preferences. You can select from an array of packages that cater to different needs and budgets.
In conclusion, Munnar tour packages from Chennai make your journey to this enchanting hill station hassle-free and unforgettable. With a harmonious blend of natural beauty, adventure, and relaxation, Munnar is a destination that will leave you with cherished memories. Additionally, book your Munnar getaway today and embark on a remarkable journey to this captivating haven in the Western Ghats.
Due to its natural beauty and silent atmosphere, Munnar is a well-liked vacation spot for adventurers, families, and honeymooners. Munnar offers an unforgettable experience. Whether you’re exploring tea gardens, hiking through the hills, or simply taking in the serene scenery. Memories linger long after you leave this natural sanctuary.